Today we watched the movie version of Romeo and Juliet up to the end of Act 3, Scene 1. The reason that we did this is to make sure that everyone has the basics of the plot before we begin working on your essays. Most of your worksheets were very good. Here were the questions that I asked you to answer; thinking about these questions will prepare you to write your essay:
1) Mercutio is Romeo’s best friend. When and how does he behave like a friend?
2) Benvolio is Romeo’s cousin. When and how does he show this affection?
3) Juliet does not behave the way that would be expected from an upper-class young lady. When and how does she misbehave?
4) Romeo tends to be impulsive and act without thinking. When and how does he do this?
5) Pick either the Nurse or the Friar. They both go out of their way to help Romeo and Juliet. When and how do they do this?